Guam is a tropical island paradise located in Micronesia – situated in the North Western part of the Pacific Ocean between Hawaii and Japan.
Traveling to Guam
Guam is only accessible through direct flights. If you are looking to visit, we recommend using one of our travel agency partners to book your flight and room.
If you plan to book your own flight and accommodations we suggest the following travel sites: www.kayak.com, www.skyscanner.com, www.priceline.com to get the best deal. It is highly recommended to book your travel at least 45 days prior to your departure date to ensure you get the lowest possible price. The earlier you book the more you can save!
Get Around The Island
Traveling around Guam by car is the best option to explore the island at a leisurely pace. Guam does not have any highways or freeways but one major road that takes you from the north to the south of the island. If you’re looking to rent a car you can stop by the Information Center on your arrival at the Guam International Airport or any hotels with a rental car service stand. It is best to obtain a map of Guam and familiarize yourself with the island. If you’re considering taking a tour around Guam then renting a car would be best option for you. A tour around Guam with a guide will cost upwards of a $100. A rental car will cost on avg. of $50 a day.
If renting a car is not an option for you then a taxi might be the next best thing. Taxis are readily available at all hotels and major shopping centers. All taxis have regulated meters. The standard flag rate is $2.40, $4.00 for the first mile, and $0.80 every 1/4 mile thereafter. Typical one-way fares are about $5.00 to $6.00 from the airport to Tumon Bay hotels, and $8.00 to $10.00 from Tumon to Hagåtña. A round-trip fare from Tumon to Merizo, in southern Guam, is approximately $80.00 to $100.00. Many of these Taxis have WIFI for your convenience.
Several private companies on Guam operate special shopping and tour buses that make regularly scheduled runs between the Micronesia Mall, KMART, Guam Premier Outlets, Agana Shopping Center and other selected points. You can select one of the open air single or double-decker Tumon “Guahan” Trolley’s or one of the large enclosed shopping busses which stop at most major hotels or numerous well marked bus stops located along the routes. Bus schedules are available at any of the Trolley bus stops. The cost for a single trip, no matter how far is $3 per adult, or you can by a day pass for $12.
Food n Cuisine
- Chamorro Village (Wednesday Night) – Check out the weekly market in Hagatna on Wednesday night. This market has some of the best barbecue Guam that has to offer. If you’re looking for souvenirs that reflect Guam’s culture, this is the place to check out. Paseo Loop, Hagatna, Guam 96913
- Meskala Dos – If you’re looking for quick place to grab lunch then look no further. Meskala Dos offers great barbecue but is famous for their unique take on sandwiches. 413 A&B N. Marine Corps Dr, Tamuning, Guam 96910 | (671)-646-6295 | Mesklados
- Pika’s Cafe – One of Guam’s favorite local hotspot, Pika’s food is a combination Chamarro, Asian, and American cuisine. Their specialties are breakfast and lunch dishes. 888 N Marine Corps Drive, Suite 114, Tamuning, Guam 96931 | (671)-647-7452 | Pikas Cafe
- Capriciossa – This restaurant is mix of Japanese and Italian cuisine. Dishes are served family style so we recommend coming in with your friends or family. They offer three locations to choose from so waiting won’t be a problem. Pacific Place Guam 2F, San Vitores Road, Tumon, Guam 96913 | (671)-647-3746 (Tumon Location) | Capricciosa
- Jamaican Grill – If you’re looking for a unique take on Barbecue then Jamaican Grill is worth trying. It’s a fusion of Guam and Jamaican Style Barbecue! Make sure to try their jerk chicken! 288 Pale San Vitores Rd, Tumon, Guam 96913 | (671)-647-3000 (Tumon Location) | Jamaica Grill
- Tony Roma’s – This American styled restaurant is popular among the tourists who are looking for tasty Ribs and Steaks! Royal Orchid Hotel 626 Pale San Vitores Rd. Tumon, Guam 96913 (Tumon Location) | Tony Roma’s
- Outback Steakhouse – An Australian-American themed restaurant that’s popular with the locals and tourists! Their blooming onions is one of their signature dishes is a must try! 1411 Pale San Vitores Rd, Tamuning, Guam 96913 | (671)-646-1543 | Outback Steakhouse
- Hy’s Steakhouse – This steakhouse is located on the 2 floor of Holiday Resort and offers exceptional quality and service. Holiday Resort Guam, Lobby Level, 871 Pale San Vitores Road, Tumon, Guam 96911 | (671)-647-0077 | Hy’s Steakhouse
- Churrasco – Guam’s only Brazilian BBQ is open every day of the week and offers both lunch and dinner service. 1000 Pale San Vitores Road, Tumon, Guam 96913 | (671)-649-2727 | Churrasco
- Proa – A dining experience with a hand crafted Pacific-rim styled menu and fresh made-to-order daily specials served with local hospitality and flair. 178 West Soledad Avenue, Hagatna, Guam 96910 | (671)-477-7762 | Proa
- Guam has variety of malls and outlets to choose from. If you’re looking for a casual shopping experience or looking to pick up some souvenirs for your friends then we recommend you check these selections below. Ample parking, trolley services, and food courts are all available at these locations.
- Micronesia Mall – 1088 Marine Corps Dr, Tamuning, Guam 96913 | (671)-632-8881
- Guam Premier Outlet – 199 Chalan San Antonio Rd, Tamuning Guam 96913 | (671)-647-4032
- Agana Shopping Center – 302 South Route 4 O’Brien Drive 4, Hagatna, Guam 96913 | (671)-472-5072
- Acanta Mall – 962 Pale San Vitores Rd, Tumon, Guam 96913 | (671)-649-3025
- K-Mart Guam – 404 N Marine Corps Drive, Tamuning Guam, 96913 | (671)-649-9878
- For designer name brands like Rolex, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Bulgari and other high end fashion lines, we recommend any of these stores listed below.
- JP Superstore – 1475 Pale San Vitores Rd | (671)-647-0630
- DFS (Duty Free Shopping) – 1296 Pale San Vitores Road, Tumon, Guam 96913 | (671)-646-9640
- Tumon Sands Plaza – 1082 Pale San Vitores Rd, Tumon, Guam 96913 | (671)-646-5802
- Guam’s weather is pleasantly warm year around. The average temperature is around 81F (27C). The weather during the summer can be particularly hot and humid so we recommend packing t-shirts, shorts, sandals, and sunblock to avoid the heat. Sudden rain showers can happen so check the weather before you go out!
Tours n Attractions
- Seawalker – One of the top diving tours on Guam, Seawalker is a fun and safe diving adventure for any ages 12 and above. You can experience the thrill of diving with your friends and family with no prior experience. 372 Marine Corps Drive, Piti, Guam 96913 | (671)-477-3881 | Seawalker
- Gun Shooting – If you’re interested in shooting some pistols or rifles on Guam during your stay check out USA Gun Club! They have a wide range of firearms for you to experience and enjoy.
- Ocean Jet Club – For marine activities including parasailing, jet-skiing, and banana boating, OJC is perfect for a fun day in the sun! 169 Bishop Flores St, Tamuning, Guam 96913 | (671)-646-2294 | Ocean Jet Club
- Sandcastle – Guam’s largest Dinner and Entertainment Show. Marvel at white tigers, amazing illusions, beautiful Las Vegas showgirls and thrilling acrobats. Enjoy an enchanted evening in an elegant, world-class theater. 1199 Pale San Vitores Road, Tumon, Guam 96913 | (671)-646-8000 | Sand Castle
- Two Lovers Point – The cliffside at Two Lovers Point features two tiered lookout points that offer a dramatic view of the Philippine Sea and breathtaking Tumon Bay. From the top, it is a 400-foot drop to the crashing waves below. Visitors can walk the plunging face of the cliff on walkways that hug and hang over the jagged rock. There are also telescopes for long range views of the ocean and Guam’s western coastline. The site is designed for complete safety and handicap access, making it suitable for every kind of visitor and every group size. Don’t miss this spectacular view into Guam’s deep beauty, culture, and history. Phone: (671)-647-4107 | Two Lovers Point
- Talofofo Falls – Explore one of Guam’s most popular waterfalls through the Talofofo Falls Resort Park. A cable car allows stunning aerial views of the 30-foot waterfall. The Resort Park also boasts a Guam Historical Museum, Shoichi Yokoi’s Cave, Observation Tower, and Ghost House. Travelers with children may want to bypass “Loveland,” an erotic statue park. There is also a gift shop and outdoor shooting range. A small admission fee is charged to get into Talofofo Falls Park. Inarajan, Guam 96915 | (671)-828-1150 | Talofofo Falls
- Fire Dancing show- Experience a Chamorro cultural dance show with larger-than-life visuals by the locals of Guam. Shows are typically 2 hours in length and include dinner! 210 Pale San Vitores Road, Tumon, Guam 96913 | (671)-646-9171
- Skydiving- Guam is well known for its amazing views and beautiful weather. A popular option to view Guam in its entirety is to go Skydiving. Experience the thrill of lifetime as you hit terminal velocity from 14,000 feet! 17-3404 Neptune Blvd Barrigada, Guam 96913 | (671)-475-5555 | Skydive Guam
- Inarajan Pools – For rugged beauty and photo appeal, Inarajan pools have the most intriguing geology. Natural bathing spots surround a public park on the main road that circumnavigates the island. Coral outcroppings resembling the lava flows of volcanic islands loom at 15 to 20 feet above the horizon, blocking the view of the reef beyond. On days with heavy seas this natural protection shields this beauty spot from wave action, allowing only ripples into the shallow pools resting in the shadows of the black rocks. Tropical fish and other creatures can be observed in their natural habitat. The calm water is a perfect place for the very young snorkeler to test out fins and goggles. Swimmers and divers are observed making use of a tall diving platform and other amenities including BBQ pits and covered seating. South of Inarajan Elementary School, Route-4, Inarajan, Guam 96915