Well it’s been a little bit over 2 weeks since EIF Guam has ended and it’s safe to say that the buzz from EIF is still there. I wanted to take a little bit of time to recap some of my favorite parts of EIF and to give a big THANK YOU to everyone who supported #EIFYear5. I’d also like to take a little bit of time to talk about what we have in store for you through the end of the year (get ready, because we’re not done yet!).
The 6AM Group team (which spans across Los Angeles and Guam) have been doing EIF for 5 years now and after gathering all the feedback from our team, I can say that this was by far the best EIF we have ever done (EIF Year 1 at Beach Bar comes in a close second IMO). It wasn’t just the size of the crowd, the typical energy we get from everyone, but it was on a whole, the combination of our staff, sponsors, partners and just tidying up the “little things” which made this one of the best EIF productions we’ve done to date. We made a lot of changes, pivots and adjustments this year and in hindsight, I’m glad that we made all the right changes for #EIFYear5.
So what were some of the highlights this year?
- Artists: In usual fashion, our Artist Team has done their homework and have strived to bring you some of the Asia Pacific’s Electronic Music talent. The genres spanned far and wide from EDM to Bass to Techno and it was great to see so many of you set the night of right with Janette Slack straddling the line between Techno and Bass, the build up from The Zombettes to the grooves of Noriyuki Omoto setting into the Progressive sounds of Lavelle Dupree and Sandra Collins and ending the night with High energy EDM of Junior & Royal plus DJ Tora & Wayne. It’s important to note that when we build our line-ups, we build them to expose our EIF fans to new and upcoming talent in the Asia Pacific and around the world and I’m glad to see that our strategy for music curation continues to be accepted by the EIFamily.
- Stage Design: I wanted to give a big shout-out to our production partners over at JAMZ Media. Big thanks to Jeff and Marti for being such awesome supporters of EIF throughout the years. I’m particularly proud to be working with a local, family owned business that has always had the DJ and Electronic Music scene in mind when working with EIF. What many people don’t know is that JAMZ Media has been investing in world-class lighting, sound and stage design and many of the production elements that made this year’s EIF were specially brought in for this show. Thanks to the entire team over at JAMZ Media for all your hard work!
- Drift Show: We tried something a little bit different this year and wanted to bring some additional performances to EIF. Thanks to our partners over at Upshift Entertainment (the producers of Trench Challenge) for arranging to the drivers and cars over at EIF Guam. It was a great addition to the show and we’ll continue to think of cool and innovative ways to add unique entertainment to our events.
- Sponsors and Partners: I wanted to give a big thank you to all of our sponsors and partners who helped make this event happen. A big thank you to our beverage sponsors Ambros, Budweiser and Bacardi who made everything happen. I also wanted to thank our Telecom Sponsor, Docomo Pacific who have continued to support the EIF brand throughout the years. We also wanted to thank our media partners Hit Radio 100 and Tango Theaters for helping us get the word out about EIF and thank you for your continued support.
- Staff and Volunteers: Last, but not least, I wanted to highlight the outstanding performance of our Staff and Volunteers. As many of you know, our volunteer program is a way for us to identify outstanding talent and to bring them on as staff for all of our EIF events and I’m excited to see the enthusiasm and interest of the people who want to work with EIF. Simply put, EIF does not happen without our Staff and Volunteers and I wanted to give a big thank you to all of you that sacrificed your nights to work with us in the box office, merch booth, entry operations and backstage. You are the face and the future of EIF and I can’t wait to see our team of staff and volunteers grow!
What do we have coming up for the rest of the year?
The EIF team is pretty relentless and we’re getting back to planning for our upcoming End of Summer Guam event. Now entering its second year, the EIF End of Summer Guam has become a tradition for us to close out the summer and to kick-off the upcoming fall season. This event will take place at Globe Nightclub on Saturday, August 26th. Be sure to come out to the very last EIF event of the season to celebrate before school kicks back into gear!
Event Information: https://www.facebook.com/events/158745508004968
If you haven’t done so already, make sure you get your tickets for all of our upcoming events at www.electricislandfestival.com and be sure to check out our official apparel website at www.eifapparel.com
EIF Photo Albums are also ready for your viewing, commenting, and tagging. Special thanks to our photo team for capturing EIF Year 5!
EIF ALBUM 1 by Andrew Gadia
EIF ALBUM 2 by Radlib
EIF ALBUM 3 by Dylan Vehrs
We’ll see you on the dancefloor!
EIF Festival Director
Partner, 6AM Group