Do you ever feel tired and without energy when you wake up in the morning? Or maybe waking up all anxious and stressed because of the things you have to do that day? Whatever the case may be, these can adversely affect your productivity for the day. The fact that many do not realize this makes it more unfortunate.
As a result, people tend to be stressed out even more as the day goes on and any tasks they try to do for that day ends up either unfinished or with sloppy quality which affects your work overall.
Fortunately, you can do something about it by creating a holistic morning ritual that will help bring in positive energy and to be more productive. There are many ways to craft a holistic ritual, but here are a few ideas:
1. Drink at least a glass of water the moment you wake up. It helps keep your body hydrated after hours of sleep which deprives your body of needed liquids.
2. Exercise, even in small amounts and light activity, to help you have more energy.
3. Take a moment in silence. There’s something about silence that helps us be calm and at peace even if we are in a busy chaotic world. A few moments of pure, uninterrupted silence can be a golden way to get your thoughts straight and in-line for the day.
4. Practice some meditation. It has its benefits and many successful people swear by its effectiveness It can be as simple as being in silence while keeping yourself in focus. You would be surprised how much more awareness and focus you’ll have throughout the day just by giving yourself 5-6 minutes of pure silent meditation. The trick is to not fall back asleep! Here is a resourceful site that teaches beginners how to get into meditation.
5. Set goals for today. You may have a lot of tasks on your plate that may make you feel overwhelmed and lose focus. Try to identify first, the most important goals and objectives first thing in the morning, beginning with the one that needs to be done ASAP. You will realize just how much more you want to get done by knocking that out first. Make the rest of your day count by setting small goals and getting them done. After all, it’s a combination of daily micro-goals that ultimately gets you to your accomplishment whatever that may be!
These are just a few of several things you can do for your morning ritual to really allow you to push forward through your day like a champ. Try to determine the things that will help you get through the day and create an order for you to do them.
The most important thing to remember once you have your morning ritual figured out is to stick with it no matter what even if you’re traveling. Automate yourself that this will be what you will always do the moment you wake up and understand that your morning ritual is something you can always control no matter what the day ahead may bring.